Defensive Driving by Liderazgo
This Defensive DrivingCourse is aligned with the TOTAL Patrom Standard of Training and Assessment.
All training programs are Outcome Based and are assessed according to various Unit Standards and Outcomes.
Assessment criteria consists of a Formative Assessment, In-Class Assessments, Summative Assessment and Practical Assessments.
Duration: 1-day course
Day 1: Theory and Practical
Morning Training of 4 – 5 Hours consisting of In-Class Theoretical Training and Assessments
Summative Knowledge Assessment and Tanker Rollover Prevention Assessment
1 Hour (or longer if required) In Cab Practical Assessment
Once all theory has been completed, Learners are taken outside with one facilitator to complete the Practical Evaluation.
The Defensive Driving Programme is designed to equip the driver with the knowledge, understanding and skills in order for the driver to do everything possible to reduce driving risks, avoid accidents and maintain safety at all times.
Learning Outcomes – Theoretical Content
- What is Defensive Driving
- The Statistics
- Causes of Collisions
- 5-minute collisions video presentation
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- Pre-Start Check
- Exterior Vehicle Check
- Interior Vehicle Check
- Hydraulic Brakes
- Seating Position
- Starting Procedure
- Engine Idle
- Collision Prevention Formula
- What is a hazard?
- The ABC of Defensive Driving, Attitudes and Behaviours.
- Last space in the car park video presentation
- Blind Spots
- Checking of Blind Spots video presentation
- Stopping Distance
- Stopping Distance Video Presentation
- Following Dista nce
- Emergency Situations
- Mechanical Failures
- Fire Fighting video presentation
- Medical Emergencies
- Hi-Jacking and Anti-Hijack Prevention
- Roll Over Prevention
- Accidents caused by a Roll Over video presentation
- Driver Fatigue and Management
- Driver Fatigue – Falling asleep at the wheel presentation
- Alcohol – the problem
- Cell Phones
- Night Driving
- Economical Driving
Learning Outcomes – Practical Evaluation
- In Cab Assessment
- Practical Driver Evaluation
- Competency Evaluation
- Planned Job Observation
A report will be generated post training stating if the driver has been found competent or not yet competent.
- All learners are to achieve 80% and above for Theoretical Assessments.
- All learners are to achieve 100% for Practical Assessments.
- Slide Show Presentation