Forklift Training by Liderazgo
Operate Counter Balance Truck (Fork Lift)
This course is accredited with the Transport Education Training Authority and covers unit standard “242974” NQF level 3, 4 Credits
All training programs are Outcome Based and are assessed according to various Unit Standards and Outcomes.
Assessment criteria consists of a Formative Assessment, In-Class Assessments, Summative Assessment and Practical Assessments.
Duration: 5-day course (Novice Driver)
1-day course (Refresher Driver)
Theory and Practical
Once all theory has been completed, Learners are taken outside with one facilitator to complete the Practical Evaluation.
The purpose of this programme is to enable learners to acquire competence in operating forklift trucks for the safe and efficient movement and stacking of freight in a variety of work environments, and take basic care of equipment in compliance with the manufacturer’s and legislative standards.
On successful completion of the course, the learner will have sufficient evidence to be found competent against the Unit Standard US 242974 Operate Counter-Balanced Lift Truck Codes 1 – 3
- Apply the recognised methods for inspecting and recording the operational fitness of all components of the lift truck with reference to safety procedure in the workplace.
- Identify and classify freight/loads taking into account documentation, packaging and labelling associated with the specific freight.
- Handle, load and store freight in accordance with industry standards, environmental requirements, and with due consideration to inter alia the commodities and their properties, storage area and placement of load.
- Freight/load is handled, loaded and stored in accordance with organisational standards and procedures
- Operate equipment in accordance with laid down organisational and legislative standards and procedures as well as manufacturer's guidelines
- Access available emergency support systems and services in case of incidents and accidents
Learning Outcomes – Practical Evaluation
- Mechanical Appreciation
- Pre-Operating Inspection
- Start-up Checks and Inspections
- Shut Down Checks and Inspections
- Maintaining a Logbook
- Operator Controls
- Loading and Off-loading
- Handling Cargo
- All learners are to achieve 80% and above for Theoretical Assessments.
- All learners are to achieve 100% for Practical Assessments.
Liderazgo Accreditation no TETA13-327 is an approved training body in the Operate Counter-Balanced Lift Truck Codes 1 – 3. Liderazgo has Assessors and Moderators that are fully accredited with TETA and ETDP (SETA).
Liderazgo is also Accredited with the Department of Labour (Approval Nr 676) for Operate Counter-Balanced Lift Truck Codes 1 – 3 training.
Liderazgo is also Accredited with the Department of Transport (Approval NR PrDP(D) 2013/116)
Our facilitators are subject matter experts also with TETA and ETDP (SETA) accreditation.