Spill Kit Training by Liderazgo
All training programs are Outcome Based and are assessed according to various Unit Standards and Outcomes.
Assessment criteria consists of a Formative Assessment, In-Class Assessments and Summative Assessment.
Duration: 1-day course (Refresher Training)
Theory and in-class Assessments
The main objective is to arm your team with a basic understanding on how to respond to an incident where a potentially dangerous or environmentally damaging spill has occurred, know the correct procedure and how to use a spill kit correctly and correct PPE as it is very important to prevent or minimize the level of exposure of the spill. Provide up to date information & legislation on the dangers of why a spill kit is required and when it is necessary to use a spill kit.
- Introduction to a Spill
- Afri Supply video demonstration
- Identify the categories of hazardous materials, their signage and their hazards and effects
- Fuel Tanker spill video demonstration
- The nine classes of hazardous materials are identified, and example given in each hazard class.
- The potential effects of each of the nine classes of material are described
- Sources of identification of the classes of hazardous materials are described
- Suspect or recognize the presence of hazardous materials
- Protect self from hazardous materials and the effects thereof
- Direct potential personal danger is identified
- Appropriate action is taken to secure personal safety
- Movement at the scene is controlled
- Handling a Spill during the Loading Process – What not to do video demonstration
- Appropriate life-safety measures are affected
- Call for the appropriate assistance
- Initiate appropriate communications/ support response
- Appropriate assistance is called for
- Incident Management Procedure is initiated
- All learners are to achieve 80% and above for Theoretical Assessments
- Slide Show Presentation
- Spill Kit Contents demonstration